Electronics Engineer 5 - Common Products Major Subcontracts Lead
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking an Electronics Engineer 5 - Common Products Major Subcontracts Lead to work in Redondo Beach, California.
This Electronics Engineer 5 - Common Products Major Subcontracts Lead will report to the Common Products sub-IPT lead and oversee strategy and planning for all major subcontracts within the Common Products IPT including coupon/breadboard/brassboard through EM and Flight. This portfolio is anticipated to include 3-5 subcontracts with total value $10-20M.
- Support Subcontract Managers and STMs with RFI/RFP/SOW preparation Review and evaluate proposals, support SCAs with subcontract negotiations and definitization Identify and conduct make/buy assessments Coordinate and maintain firewall protections Perform as STM for select subcontracts Coordinate with technical team for timely preparation, review and release of EQ specs/ICDs and subsequent updates Identify and manage risks, opportunities and liens for subcontracted efforts Provide weekly schedule status, technical status and monthly earned value reporting Coordinate with functional to identify and assign supporting staff (SMEs, STMs, etc) Conduct weekly reviews with all subcontractors and track closure of action items Support major baselining activities scheduled for 2019 Develop technology maturation roadmaps and supplier maturation roadmaps, including path to ASL Some travel required
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and14 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and12 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Proven technical leadership experience preferably in either development or production program IPT, and/or Advanced Systems, and/or technology, and/or functional environments
- Control Account Management (CAM) experience and/or knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and risk management processes
- Active In-Scope SCI Access Security Clearance
- Masters' Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in Mechanical or electrical design, thermal, dynamics, stress, mass properties and/or antenna
- Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top