Electronics Engineer 5 - Antenna and Electronics (A&E) IPT Technical Operations
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Electronics Engineer 5 - Antenna and Electronics (A&E) IPT Technical Operations to work in Redondo Beach, California.
The Electronics Engineer 5 - Antenna and Electronics (A&E) IPT Technical Operations helps manage a cross-disciplinary engineering & production team responsible for the design, development, production and sustainment of payload antenna & electronics units across multiple contracts.
The ideal candidate must be a strong leader with exceptional organization and communication skills, able to influence change, motivate teams, develop talent, implement processes, improve efficiency and drive execution. This individual will report directly to the A&E IPT APM & Deputy.
- Partnering with the A&E IPT APM & Deputy to manage a cross-functional engineering team of 100+ engineers in addition to production operations.
- Integrating staffing demands across the IPT, and collaborating with functional management to fulfill requirements.
- Managing engineering change review processes & ensuring rigor across the IPT team.
- Augmenting communication & information flow to IPT team, as well as fulfilling reporting requirements to customer & program management.
- Contributing to proposals providing leadership for baseline planning with respect to new business opportunities.
- Identifying and realizing opportunities to reduce cost and improve processes.
- Meeting all security, organizational conflict of interest, export control, protection of proprietary information, and risk and opportunity management processes.
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and14 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and12 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Practical working experience with technical management preferably in either program IPT, and/or Advanced Systems, and/or technology, and/or functional environments
- Control Account Management (CAM) experience and/or knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and risk management processes
- Engineering background & experience in field relevant to Antennas & Electronics
- Active In-Scope SCI Access Security Clearance
- Masters' Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in Mechanical or electrical design, thermal, dynamics, stress, mass properties and/or antenna
- Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top