Electronics Assembler B
Northrop GrummanMission Systems sector is seeking Electronics Assembler B'sto join itsteam of qualified anddiverse individuals.This position will be located in Sykesville, Maryland.
The Assembler will:
- Obtain all necessary information to perform job assignment and report any discrepancies to appropriate personnel
- Plan, lay out, assemble, wire and solder complete electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and apparatus such as PC boards, controls and control panels, assemblies, converters, inverters and small output stations
- Read and interpret schematics and wiring diagrams to perform point-to-point assembly, where assemblies and subassemblies require wiring and soldering of large masses of wires in confined spaces
- Following appropriate wiring diagram, perform wiring using harness boards, tie-in cables and harnesses; install mechanical parts, components and fasteners as specified
- Perform electrical/electronic and mechanical assembly tasks working as a member of an assembly team as assigned
- Lay out and construct harness boards to assemble and form wiring and cables for a wide variety of electrical/electronic and mechanical assemblies and subassemblies
- Mix and apply bonding components and encapsulates
- Perform product finishing functions as required; obtain and maintain proper certifications, such as Conformal Coating
Printed Wiring Assembly (PWA), Paints/Epoxies, etc.
- Use and operate a broad range of hand tools, assembly equipment and safety equipment to perform tasks
- Understand the function of and use a broad range of electrical/electronic and mechanical parts and components such as brackets, solder, wire, resistors, diodes, capacitors, relays, transformers, coils, switches, PC boards, epoxies, etc.
- Work closely with other personnel and attend company sponsored training courses to obtain knowledge and skills for career development
- High School graduate or recognized equivalent (GED).
- 2 years of experience in electrical assembly and wiring, and soldering of PC boards.
- Must be capable of successfully completing basic solder certification, visual acuity testand in-house skills training.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a required DoD Secret Security Clearance. Current Clearances must have been updated within the last 5 years.
- Current DoD Secret Clearance, updated within the last 5 years.
- Previous successful completion ofBWI Electronic Manufacturing Specialist Phase I and Phase II testing.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top