Electronics Assembler Associate
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking Electronics Assembler Associates to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Sykesville, Maryland.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence... The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Power/Control Systems business unit within the Naval & Marine Systems Division.
The Assembler uses electronic components, mechanical parts, drawings and engineering documentation, tools and manufacturing processes to build completed units such as circuit card assemblies, cable assemblies and wire harnesses, modules and cabinet assemblies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Obtain all necessary information to perform job assignment and report any discrepancies to appropriate personnel
- Plan, lay out, assemble, wire and solder complete electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and apparatus such as PC boards, controls and control panels, assemblies, converters, inverters and small output stations
- Read and interpret schematics and wiring diagrams to perform point-to-point assembly, where assemblies and subassemblies require wiring and soldering of large masses of wires in confined spaces
- Following appropriate wiring diagram, perform wiring using harness boards, tie-in cables and harnesses; install mechanical parts, components and fasteners as specified
- Perform electrical/electronic and mechanical assembly tasks working as a member of an assembly team as assigned
- Lay out and construct harness boards to assemble and form wiring and cables for a wide variety of electrical/electronic and mechanical assemblies and subassemblies
- Mix and apply bonding components and encapsulates
- Perform product finishing functions as required; obtain and maintain proper certifications, such as Conformal Coating Printed Wiring Assembly (PWA), Paints/Epoxies, etc
- Use and operate a broad range of hand tools, assembly equipment and safety equipment to perform tasks
- Understand the function of and use a broad range of electrical/electronic and mechanical parts and components such as brackets, solder, wire, resistors, diodes, capacitors, relays, transformers, coils, switches, PC boards, epoxies, etc
- Work closely with other personnel and attend company sponsored training courses to obtain knowledge and skills for career development
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition
- High School graduate or recognized equivalent (GED)
- Strong mechanical/electrical aptitude
- Must be capable of successfully completing basic solder certification and in- house skills training.
- Ability to read/understand electrical schematics or blueprints
- Previous assembly experience
- AA Degree
- SAP or other ERP/MRP System experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top