Electronic Technician 4 - Top Secret
- Chandler, AZ
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Under close supervision, performs routine technical functions related to the support of development engineering activities such as design, test, checkout, fabrication, modification, and assembly of electronics and Electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment. Applications may include analog, digital and/or video type circuits and logic systems. Guidance is readily available from superiors. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform routine testing, checkout, troubleshooting, prototype building, environmental testing, and simple developmental engineering tasks. Performs routine operational tests and fault isolation on development systems and equipment to ensure conformance with design specifications. Diagnoses and isolates malfunctions down to component level. Conducts defined engineering tests and collects data as assigned. Utilizes routine development or diagnostic equipment including oscilloscope, VOM, DVM, signal generators and similar test apparatus. Normally assigned in area such as development, engineering, test equipment design, or the like. Excludes those assigned to production test activities. Entry Level. Excludes trainees with no academic preparation or experience. EXPERIENCE and TRAINING: Electronics training equivalent to 2 years technical trade school or military technical school.
Basic Qualifications: • Electronics training equivalent to 2 years technical trade school or military technical school.
• Minimum of 6 years experience with the assembly of cable/harness, circuit cards, mechanical fixtures or relevant aerospace experience
• Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
• Ability to work with a Microsoft Office products and process documentation
• Ability to correct minor defects in production builds
• Ability to support multiple shifts on occasion as needed to fulfill program needs
• Active or current Top Secret Clearance Required
• Aerospace Industry experience, Satellite experience preferred
• Soldering experience to IPC J-STD-001
• Experienced in Calibration and Preventative Maintenance of Electronic Equipment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top