Electronic Technician 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking an Electronic Technician 4 to work in Redondo Beach, California.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under close supervision, performs routine technical functions related to the support of development engineering activities such as design, test, checkout, fabrication, modification, and assembly of electronics and Electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment. Applications may include analog, digital and/or video type circuits and logic systems. Guidance is readily available from superiors. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform routine testing, checkout, troubleshooting, prototype building, environmental testing, and simple developmental engineering tasks. Performs routine operational tests and fault isolation on development systems and equipment to ensure conformance with design specifications. Diagnoses and isolates malfunctions down to component level. Conducts defined engineering tests and collects data as assigned. Utilizes routine development or diagnostic equipment including oscilloscope, VOM, DVM, signal generators and similar test apparatus. Normally assigned in area such as development, engineering, test equipment design, or the like. Excludes those assigned to production test activities.
- High School Diploma or (G.E.D) General Education Diploma plus 6 years of technician experience
- Familiarity with electronic test equipment such as Digital Multi-Meters (DMM's), oscilloscopes, power supplies or break out boxes
- Experience troubleshooting test sets or deliverable hardware
- Ability tosupport multiple shifts and travel
- Candidate must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years, OR must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
- Ability to work independently under general supervision
- Ability to perform moderately complex professional tasks
- Ability to generate and support disposition of discrepancy documentation.
- Ability to adhere to local processes, procedures and protocols
- Ability to safely handle and mate/demate cables, harnesses and associated connectors and support equipment
- Ability to perform manual labor including but not limited to lifting and moving heavy test equipment, trench covers, often heavy cables and harnessing
- Familiarity with System Integration Test and Evaluation and processes and procedures or equivalent
- Familiarity with database maintenance, test script and test procedure development.
Back to top