Electronic Technician 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking an Electronic Technician 4 to work in Redondo Beach, California.
The Thermal Test Department in Redondo Beach, CA, is seeking an Electronic Technician 4 with electronics and mechanical skill set to support thermal vacuum and cycle testing of complex flight and development hardware. The candidate will be self-starter able to work independently or in small teams using schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions to perform environmental testing set up and operations. Must be able to demonstrate machine operations as well as mechanical and/or electrical maintenance and repair. The ideal candidate has experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Operation of thermal vacuum chambers and the associated equipment such as not limited to): rough, cryo and turbo molecular pumps
- Monitor pressure with ION and convection gauges
- Utilize convection, conduction and radiative methods of heating and cooling energy transfer
- Install, fabricate and trouble shoot thermocouples
- Hook up basic electrical circuits as related to heaters used in thermal vacuum chambers
- Perform helium leak detection and basic plumbing
- Setup and operate QCM and/or RGA contamination monitoring equipment in vacuum chambers
- Work safely with liquid nitrogen and gaseous nitrogen
- Operate cranes, forklifts and other various lift equipment
- Utilize computers and software used for data acquisition and test heater control
- Program and operate temperature process controllers (set point, ramp rate, high and low limits)
- Basic Electronic skills (AC/DC/resistance measurements)
- Work in high bays and cleanrooms
- Able to work night shifts, off hours and weekends
- High School Diploma or (G.E.D) General Education Diploma plus 6 years of technician experience
- Must be able to work multiple shifts and weekends as the business needs dictate
- Must be able to work in elevated areas, lift equipment up to 30lbs, and work in confined spaces in a clean room environment
- Candidate must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years, OR must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
- Experience with thermal vacuum chambers
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top