Electronic Technician 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking an Electronic Technician 3 to work in Redondo Beach, California.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under close supervision, performs routine technical functions related to the support of development engineering activities such as design, test, checkout, fabrication, modification, and assembly of electronics and Electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment. Applications may include analog, digital and/or video type circuits and logic systems. Guidance is readily available from superiors. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform routine testing, checkout, troubleshooting, prototype building, environmental testing, and simple developmental engineering tasks. Performs routine operational tests and fault isolation on development systems and equipment to ensure conformance with design specifications. Diagnoses and isolates malfunctions down to component level. Conducts defined engineering tests and collects data as assigned. Utilizes routine development or diagnostic equipment including oscilloscope, VOM, DVM, signal generators and similar test apparatus. Normally assigned in area such as development, engineering, test equipment design, or the like. Excludes those assigned to production test activities.
- High School Diploma or (G.E.D) General Education Diploma plus 4 years' experience in one or more of the following: Electronic Manufacturing, System Integration Laboratory support / Lab Operations or Integration & Test.
- Experience interpreting technical drawings, diagrams, instructions, and schematics
- Experience with modifying electrical or mechanical prototypes based on schematics and wiring diagrams
- Ability to acquire and maintain a DOD Secret/SCI clearance
- Experienced Electronics Technician with excellent soldering skills and strong mechanical and electronic PCB and wire harness assembly skills
- Extensive knowledge of the production processes and understanding of the importance of schedule
- Ability to maintain records as required
- Experience using very basic test electronic test equipment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top