Electronic Technician 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening foran Electronic Technician 3to join our team of highly qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, California.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs routine technical functions related to the support of development engineering activities such as design, test, checkout, fabrication, modification, and assembly of electronics and Electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment. Applications may include analog, digital and/or video type circuits and logic systems. Guidance is readily available from superiors. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform routine testing, checkout, troubleshooting, prototype building, environmental testing, and simple developmental engineering tasks. Performs routine operational tests and fault isolation on development systems and equipment to ensure conformance with design specifications. Diagnoses and isolates malfunctions down to component level. Conducts defined engineering tests and collects data as assigned. Utilizes routine development or diagnostic equipment including oscilloscope, VOM, DVM, signal generators and similar test apparatus.
Performs functions associated with all manufacturing and lab operations, including the ability to work with engineers in set-up and development tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of cables, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies. Reads and interprets drawings and schematics. May be required to determine or assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the development process. Performs cabling installations and modifications as required. Installs simple and complex cabling infrastructure for new systems and modification of existing systems.
Successful candidates will:
- Have knowledge of the production processes and understand the importance of schedule
- Possess good verbal and written communications skills
- Be capable of working independently as well as in group settings
- Be well organized, efficient, and capable of handling multiple tasks while paying attention to detail
- High School diploma or equivalent and 4 years additional education and/or related experience.
- Experience in electronic manufacturing, SIL support / lab operations or integration & test
- Skilled in interpreting technical drawings, diagrams, instructions, and schematics
- Experience with modifying electrical and mechanical prototypes based on schematics and wiring diagrams
- AA or other 2 year technical degree (including military technical training) in related discipline Experienced Electronics Technician with excellent soldering skills and strong mechanical and electronic PCB assembly skills
- Extensive knowledge of the production processes and understanding of the importance of schedule
- Ability to maintain records as required
- Experience using very basic test electronic test equipment
Back to top