Electronic Technician 3
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems Test Labs are responsible for large scale structural testing of a variety of aircraft and spacecraft. We are currently seeking an Electronic Technician 3 to join our diverse team in Redondo Beach, CA.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Install strain gages onto flight hardware
- Prepare surfaces, curing adhesives, wheat-stone bridge completion
- Use industry tools such as BLH-625, 1550A, P3, star references, and soldering iron
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, and layout drawings
- Perform data system operation duties when needed to support test schedule
- Use test equipment including: oscilloscope, VOM, DVM, signal generators and similar test apparatus
Assignments will vary based on strain gage work load in the lab. Additional responsibilities may includesupporting structural and deployment activities such as proof tests, deployment, health monitoring, seismic monitoring, and transportation events.
- Associate's degree, or Electronics training equivalent to 2 years technical trade or military technical school, and 3 year of technician experience
- Experience curing adhesives and preparing surfaces for tests
- Ability to obtain and retain Special Access (SCI) clearance
- Experience with strain gauge installation
- A good working knowledge of electrical principles, theories, and concepts
- Experience with data acquisition system operation
- Current Active SCI clearance and DoD Secret
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top