Electronic Technician 2 for Microelectronics for 2nd or 3rd shift
- Rolling Meadows, IL
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
We are looking for you to join our team as an Electronic Technician based out of Rolling Meadows, IL. This will be for either 2nd or 3rd shift.
The Electronic Technician responsibilities will include performing the assignments and tasks related to the testing and troubleshooting of the products. Works with test procedures, schematics, work instructions, diagrams, assembly drawings, revision change notices, and performs various tasks associated with the products and procedures in the assigned area.
Set-up test stations and standardizes/calibrates the equipment per the required specifications as needed. Utilize the appropriate equipment to perform the tasks and meet all quality specifications and workmanship standards. Works with the support personnel (including engineers, management, and production control) as needed to perform assignments and collaborate on problem resolutions, completion of assignments in a timely manner, and continuous process improvements. Performs assignments with efficiency and effectiveness to obtain schedule and cost while ensuring quality.
• Associates Degree in a technical field or Military or Work equivalent.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to work effectively with all levels and in a team environment.
• Experience working in a production environment.
• Familiarity with electronic test equipment such as power supplies, vibration amplifiers, flow control units.
• Ability to safely handle and mate/de-mate cables, harnesses and fiber optic and associated connectors and support equipment.
• Ability to work in a versatile environment, performing parallel tasks and duties
• Electro/Optical and mechanical experience are desired.
• Ability to troubleshoot test set and deliverable hardware required.
• Ability to generate and support disposition of discrepancy documentation.
• Ability to adhere to local processes, procedures and protocols.
• Microsoft Office Suite knowledge (especially Word and Excel)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top