Electromechanical Engineer 2
Northrop Grumman in Cincinnati, OH has an Electromechanical Engineer 2 position available. Primary responsibilities include:
- Test, analyze and construct, highly complex components, assemblies, devices, circuits and systems.
- Develop, fabricate and construct experimental and prototype devices, working from very general and incomplete information.
- Must be able to read and understand schematics, drawings, PL's or BOM's etc. to insure that correct configuration of the product is maintained.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to perform with very limited direction or oversight.
- Determine methods and techniques for effectively monitoring various tests on complex systems.
- Collect, measure, record, analyze, and evaluate data, experimental models, resultant data, etc, in terms of their reliability, validity and desired function.
- Perform initial procedural tests on new and/or changed equipment; make modifications/calibrations as required.
- Record, analyze and support reporting efforts and specifications in required format and recommend changes to achieve desired results.
- Assist engineers in creating designs, design changes and/or developing circuits, processes and operations to assure they function per design specifications working from general block diagrams, rough outlines of basic circuits and/or oral instructions.
- Familiarity with a wide range of test equipment including RF Power Meters, Frequency Generators,
- Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers, DMM's and Oscilloscope's. Test and troubleshoot systems, devices, processes and/or test set-ups to locate and repair defective area(s).
- This includes analog & digital circuits. RF circuits experience is a huge plus.
- As required, contact outside suppliers, manufacturers' representatives, etc. about new equipment, equipment to be repaired/modified/updated, data sheets, manufacturers' manuals, etc. to discuss and/or research applications, hazardous properties, limitations and/or other pertinent, relevant topics.
- Recommend the disposition and/or purchase of materials and equipment for evaluation and plant use.
- Prepare process and test specifications, revision notices and laboratory reports as required.
- Write users manuals and operate computer systems.
- Work with Test Engineering to ensure that the test methodology tests to the required specifications and to improve existing test hardware or test setups.
- Duties are primarily performed at the Cincinnati location; however there may be occasional travel that is required to assist the customer as directed by management.
- Must be able to obtain a DOD Top Secret security clearance.
- BSEE, BSEET or equivalent STEM degree
- 2 years of experience in circuit design, schematic entry, PWB layout, troubleshooting or testing of hardware
- Ability to read a electrical schematic
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance is required
- Prior military RF or communications experience.
- Familiar in the use of SAP
- Active Top Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top