Electromechanical Designer 3
- Palmdale, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for an Electromechanical Designer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
- Create and maintain 3D models in CATIA for cable/harness assemblies, mechanical components, and mechanical assemblies
- Generate production quality engineering drawings to facilitate manufacturing operations
- Support the cognizant engineer in assessing and recommending design modifications
- Support Configuration Management (CM) through release of Engineering drawings and models through TeamCenter Enterprise and TeamCenter Unified
- Work closely with engineers, technicians, and leads to understand IPT needs
- Review work of peers to ensure accuracy and completeness IAW various engineering standards (ASME Y14.5M, ASME Y14.44-2008, IPC/WHMA-A-620, MIL-STD-130, etc)
- Support design proposals as required
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be able to collaborate closely with electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, hardware designers, integration/test engineers, and project managers.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 4 years additional education or related experience
- Experience in CATIA V5
- Able to interpret mechanical drawings and wire diagrams
- Active In-scope Secret clearance with investigation date in last 5 years
- Ability to obtain/maintain Special Program Access
- Familiarity with various engineering standards (ASME Y14.5M, ASME Y14.44-2008, IPC/WHMA-A-620, MIL-STD-130, etc)
- Familiarity with TeamCenter Enterprise, TeamCenter Unified, Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, Excel)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Active In-scope Top Secret clearance and SSBI with investigation date in last 5 years
- Existing Special Program Access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top