- Baltimore, MD
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking Electricians to join its Facilities Maintenance team. This position is located in Linthicum, Maryland.
Plan, install, diagnose malfunctions, repair and maintain various types of electrical controls, power distribution, equipment and associated non-electronic controls.
1. Obtain work order and necessary information such as one or more of the following: oral instructions, sketches, schematics, drawings, specifications and manufacturer's catalogs. Interpret information and plan work as required to complete assigned tasks. All electrical work must conform to National Fire Protection Association Code which is frequently revised and is subject to county inspection. Assist higher classified personnel on difficult assignments and for training purposes. Verify information and materials and report discrepancies to supervision.
2. Determine and obtain necessary tools and material and transport to job location.
3. Layout, thread, bend and install conduit fittings into couplings, breakers, and other associated equipment. Fabricate brackets when necessary to support installations. Pull wire and splice electrical connections and make all types of soldered and mechanical joints. Touch up equipment with paint after installation.
4. Layout, install, wire and connect electrical/mechanical equipment and circuits such as control circuits, transformers, lighting systems, power distribution panels, motors, generators, switches, high voltage switch gear, circuit breakers, fire and intrusion alarm, control panels, and other associated electrical equipment and wiring.
5. Determine the nature of malfunctions of all types of electrical controls and power circuits by testing, tracing circuits, and checkings operation of equipment and make necessary repairs to return equipment or circuits to normal operation.
6. Replace worn bearings, brushed end plates and the like to repair motors, generators and other associated equipment.
7. Perform meggers insulation resistance tests on various insulated conductors, transformers, busbar structures and power cables.
8. Perform preventive maintenance of electrical equipment such as remove dust and dirt, oiling, cleaning contacts, visual inspection of worn wire and the like.
9. Maintain repair and preventive maintenance records as required.
10. Patch and repair floor where outlets are removed.
11. Replace ceiling tiles when removed in performance of job assignment.
12. Maintain tools, equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
This is an IBEW Union represented position.
High School Diploma or recognized equivalent
4 year electrical apprenticeship
5 or more years of electrical experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top