Troubleshoot and determine cause of equipment failure and malfunction and repair, modify, install, and maintain electrical circuits, components and systems on machine tools, cranes, elevators, alarms, transformers, controls, and high voltage
cables and equipment.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Insulated pliers, screwdrivers, wrench hammer, etc. Electrical testing equipment such as oscilloscopes, digital meters, tachometers, brush recorder, VTVM, muli-meters, capacitors testers, and solid state analyzer. Test lamp, power factor
meter, KW meters, meggers, dielectric testing equipment, cable pulling equipment, battery tester, etc. Conduit bender, ladder, safety belt, glasses, padlocks, hard hat, etc.
Printed circuit boards, servo valves, synchro systems, speed variators, feed back amplifiers, electro hydraulically/ pneumatic controlled automatic equipment, AC & DC servo positioners. Conduit, wire, cable, tape, light fixtures, bulbs, distilled water, etc. Various electrical replacement parts.
The following are the usual major job duties but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duty assignments given by management.
Receive direction from supervision.
Read and follow safety regulations, work authorizations, specifications and service manuals.
Install new/used fabrication equipment and stations as directed.
- Diagnose and determine cause of equipment issues, component and system failures and malfunctions and identify defective parts. Utilize Manufacturers Manuals, schematics, calls to service centers, and other trouble shooting as
necessary. Use special test equipment as required.
Troubleshoot both electrical and mechanical issues on equipment and repair using various tools and equipment.
Plan the sequence of operations and methods to be used for complete and/or partial repair, rebuilding/ replacement and adjust a variety of fabrication equipment for optimum performance.
Maintain, manage, and order consumables and spare parts for Fabrication Equipment and machines 8. Install gas burners and make adjustment to ensure smooth welding operations.
Replace, repair, splice, and install pneumatic hoses, gas lines, and conduits
Operate welding equipment and use carbon arc, etc., to determine machine performance.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance on equipment as described by Manufacturer, such as blowing out filters, replacing fluids, changing consumables, lubricating fabrication equipment, and other activities. Be able to operate a fork lift, overhead cranes, boom lifts and scissor lifts as necessary.
This is Union represented position.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in manufacturing and/or machine shop industry
- Must have a Journeyman Electrician card. In lieu of a Journeyman Electrician Card, 10 years of Industrial Electrician experience can be substituted
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints
- High School Diploma/GED
- Pass skills evaluation test
Note: A combination of experience and proof of a journeyman status or related certification may wave the test requirement.
- Medium and/or High Voltage Experience
- Direct Navy Maintenance Experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top