Electrical Technician - (2nd shift)
Join the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector as we focus on the development of new capabilities for our military and intelligence customers around the globe. The Electronic Technician position will be located at our Rolling Meadows, IL facility.
The IRCM manufacturing organization builds various products in an ISO 9000 environment for military applications. The manufacturing environment requires precision, attention to detail, and quality. The electronic technician position utilizes a variety of equipment to test and troubleshoot highly sensitive optical and electronic components, assemblies, and products. The nature of the work will require use of various electronic measurement and test equipment along with a high attention to detail. All of the test procedures are to be performed by following written and verbal direction, along with the ability to follow engineering drawings or other visual aids.
This is an entry level / experienced position and is the second level in the Electrical Technician job family. Technicians in this position will perform electrical tests and troubleshooting. Work consists of moderately complex tasks and requires supervision.
Employment will be contingent upon successful completion of in house ESD, FOD, and Optics training and certification.
- Build and test component, sub-assemblies and products in support of the organization needs and schedules.
- Maintenance / Preventative Maintenance and adjustment of test equipment and lab fixtures
- Troubleshoot sub-assemblies to determine cause and remedy for malfunction
- Use moderately complex electronic test equipment
- Perform electrical adjustments when testing
- Perform calibration checks on electronic instruments
- Load and unload assemblies into the environmental chambers
- Perform vibration testing of assemblies
- Provide support to upper level technicians
- Perform accurate data/record keeping
- Work involves standard electromechanical techniques, use of standard hand-held tools
- Follow shop safety practices and procedures during assembly and test operations
- Perform tasks in accordance with the company electro-static discharge (ESD) procedures
- Complete material requests, as required
Work from verbal or written instructions
- Experience testing and troubleshooting complex electro / optical assemblies
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top