Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) Test Engineer - Tactical Space
- Dulles, VA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Tactical Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Due to significant program wins in the cislunar area, we are seeking an Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) Test Engineer. In this role you will be responsible for designing test equipment (racks, test fixtures, etc.) to validate flight hardware and/or simulation hardware used for flight software testbeds. You will work closely with senior hardware and software engineers, to understand component and satellite designs, and create test set solutions that effectively and efficiently test them.
Under moderate supervision, you will be responsible for:
• The design of software for component test equipment (CTE), automated test equipment (ATE), Hardware in the Loop (HITL) system, and simulation hardware
• Support of the test and debug for flight and non-flight spacecraft electronic circuit card assemblies (CCA) and boxe
• On occasion be responsible for ensuring that the technical requirements, cost, and schedule for the CTE/ATE system development is achieved
• As part of a design team, be responsible for the end-to-end design, debug, test, and certification of CTE/ATE system
• Work closely with the spacecraft UTT Design Engineer to ensure the CTE/ATE system will validate the circuit cards and/or electronics box under all test environments
• Have the responsibility for the documentation development and release of the CTE/ATE system
To be successful in this role you should have:
• Experience designing test hardware
• Good mechanical skillset
• Working knowledge of Visio, CREO, Zuken E-3, and/or other mechanical design packages
• Test Engineering experience
• Good communication skills
• Experience working in small teams
• Experience documenting cabling drawings/wiring diagrams
In this role, you will join a team of 2-4 EGSE Engineers and take direction from a Lead EGSE Engineer. You will also interface with the subsystem engineers to obtain design requirements. Early on, there will be a lot of design work that requires documentation development in not only electrical design, but also mechanical design, then support to the EDL (Engineering Development Lab) when the hardware is being built and assembled. The next phase will be spent in a lab performing integration, and troubleshooting any problems, on the product you helped to design and build.
• Requires BS in Engineering with 6 years of experience (or Masters in Engineering with 4 yrs. of experience)
• Experience working in an SCRUM/AGILE environment
• Strong programming skills using LabView C/C++
• Experience developing test application software to interface with Test Equipment along with instrument driver suites
• Experience in the test and debug of hardware and software systems
• Experience designing hardware components for use in ATE/CTE
• A fundamental understanding of general and specialized test equipment to include: Data Bus Analyzers, Signal Generators, Logic Analyzers, and Power equipment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most
Back to top