Electrical Engineer/ Principal Electrical Engineer
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Engineering and Science Hardware Engineering department which supports all programs in the Huntsville, Alabama area has openings for an Electrical Engineer or Principal Electrical Engineer. The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Hardware Engineering Team. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with production, program management, service providers, equipment suppliers, and customers. Primary responsibilities will include research, develop, design, and test electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks. The selected candidate will design electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled atan Electrical Engineeror a Principal Electrical Engineer level.
Basic Qualifications forthe Electrical Engineer: 2 Years with Bachelors in Science; 0 Years with Masters of Science degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or related STEM degree.
Basic Qualifications for the Principal Electrical Engineer : 5 Years experience with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.; Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or related STEM degree.
- Experience supporting designs in production fabrication and test.
- General knowledge of product design, especially in the area of integration of subsystems that include network communication (Wired and Wireless), power design and distribution, interconnect diagrams, wire harness/cable design.
- Experience in performance of trade studies to identify components that meet system and subsystem requirements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Visio.
- Ability to support periodic travel to customer sites in the continental United States.
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly to both technical and nontechnical personnel.
- Ability to get Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience with RF relative to radio design, tactical radio systems and amplifier/antenna fundamentals
- Experience using PLM/PDM and MRP Systems
- Certification to IPC-620 Workmanship Standards
- Proven track record in development of power solutions (AC, DC, Vehicle Power Systems, Battery, Solar)
- Proven problem solving skills to rapidly address issue identified during production and installation
- Experience with managed network devices and systems
- Experience with wireless point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, and multipoint communication devices and systems
- Exposure to embedded system hardware and software designs
- Experience in leading small product development groups
- Experience in working in an autonomous work environment on complex projects
- Experience in working on business or engineering full life-cycle projects from project inception through system sustainment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top