Electrical Engineer 4
AOA Xinetics, a strategic business unit of Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS), is currently seeking a level 4, Senior Electrical Engineer, at our East Hartford, CT location to become part of interdisciplinary teams who research, architect, design, and develop complex hardware systems for industrial, commercial, or similar product markets.
Responsibilities will include full product life cycle electrical engineering including research, design, development, prototype, and test of electronic hardware products. Senior Electrical Engineers provide technical leadership for eletronics design efforts at AOA working in collaboration with mechanical, software, optical, and systems engineers on development teams to provide creative technical solutions according to functional requirements, industry design practices, and voice of customer.
- BSEE with a minimum of twelve (12) years experience.
- Multilayer SMT Printed Circuit Board design. (Concept through Product Release).
- Electronics Design for Automation, Motion Control, Low Power, CAN, RS485, or other hardware interfaces.
- Analog and Digital hardware design.
- Embedded microprocessor based designs (ARM processor preferred. CPLD, Xilinx FPGA, or MicroChip PIC processors beneficial)
- Simulation experience using SPICE, VHDL, and/or Verilog.
- PCB reliability tools use, and working knowledge of engineering/manufacturing materials also beneficial.
- Technical leadership for electronics solutions of small teams of engineers or technicians.
- Possess a current TS clearance and/or SSBI.
- US Citizenship is a bona fide requirement as applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top