Electrical Design Engineer 5
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Systems Integration, Test and Evaluation Organization (SIT&E) is looking for an Electrical Design Engineer 2 to join their growing and diverse team. The position will be located in Palmdale, CA. The SIT&E team is responsible for the manufacture, assembly, integration and testing of spacecraft and manned / autonomous aircraft. This critical work is done in labs (SIL & environmental) and flight test centers around the globe. Testing includes: Ground and Flight Test, Thermal, Dynamics, Static, Wind Tunnel, and Structural testing. The Electrical Design Engineer will be integral to ensuring on-time delivery to our diverse portfolio of programs.
- Defining instrumentation system configurations such as: electrical sensor selection, installation methods, checkout requirements, and operational procedures under some guidance.
- Designing, developing and implementing testing methods and equipment in multiple tests
- Participating in electrical design reviews, and electrical symbol assignments for CAD components.
- Gather test requirements and developing test plans.
- Plans and arranges labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices
- Compiles and analyzes and defines changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements
The successful candidate may be required to travel to customer sites and other Northrop Grumman facilities as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) plus 14 years of design engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in STEM plus 12 years of design engineering experience
- Drafting experience with CAD schematic and simulation (AutoCAD Electrical, SPICE, or similar platforms)
- The ability to travel to off-site locations as required
- Current Active (DoD) Secret Security Clearance with a periodic review within the past 5 years
- Current active Top Secret, SAP, or SCI clearance
- Knowledge of aircraft or spacecraft vehicle or mission systems
- Master's Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Experience providing input for engineering review, design and analyze electrical drawings and circuits.
- Candidate should have the ability to interpret detailed design specifications, product manuals, ICDs, and/or design handbooks.
- Experience with planning, scheduling or cost accounting methods
- Experience leading, mentoring and coaching a team of engineers and/or technicians
- Experience communicating / presenting to all levels of the organization and program customers
- Must be familiar with signal and power wiring methods, grounding and bonding, RF cabling concepts, bus topologies, and part number selections.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top