Electrical Design Engineer 4
Northrop Grumman Systems Corporation – Marine Systems (NGSC-MS) is seeking a Design Engineer with in depth knowledge of electromagnetic theory applied to the design and analysis of electrical machines. The candidate should be familiar with different types of electrical machines, preferably, synchronous permanent magnet machines. The candidate will be the design lead responsible for performing design trade studies, evaluation of machine operation due to manufacturing variations, and evaluation of noise and temperature performance conditions. Experience in ferromagnetic materials used in laminations, permanent magnet grades, and top level motor drive architectures is a plus.
This position located in Sunnyvale, CA.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 9 years of experience in Electric Machine (Electric Motor) design and analysis; electromagnetic analysis experience with FEA tools such as ANSYS/Maxwell or similar type of electromagnetic analysis software; designing electric machine for operation using inverter / drive applications.
- Master's degree or Ph.D. STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) degree
- 9 years of electrical machine and/or inverter / drive engineering experience
- Experience with software for system evaluation such as Matlab Simulink, Simplorer, etc.
- Good understanding of construction / manufacturing methods of electric machines
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top