Electrial Wire Harness and RF Cable Engineer 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Electrical design engineer to create wire harness and RF cable drawings from system schematics, block and cordage diagrams. Needs to have experience in wire harness and cabling design for Airborne and Military applications with familiarity of MIL-50881 and general Aerospace requirements. HarnesSYS, NX, and Team Center (CPLM) knowledge essential.
Responsible for the generation of Wiring Harness and Assembly BTP's in accordance with contractual requirements and the System Wiring Diagrams. Requires knowledge of military and vendor hardware specifications and processes associated with Wiring Harness and Assembly construction. Coordination with wiring assembly routers to determine lengths and available space for components as required.
Design, Analysis, Procurement Support and Fabrication/Assembly Support for Wire Harness and RF Cables inclusive of Wire Shielding and grounding methodology, EMI/RFI, circuit redundancy and separation techniques. Possess key skills necessary to read Electrical Schematics, create Cable Block Diagrams, Wiring Diagrams and translate info/data into Cable and Wire Harness Diagrams. Also responsible for the detailed design of electrical panels/assemblies (circuit breaker panels, junction boxes, control panels)
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering with 5 years of experience in vehicle integration and system engineering; OR Masters Degreein Electrical Engineeringwith 3 years experience in vehicle integration and system engineering
- Abilityto obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Good communication, interpersonal skills are preferred.
- Experience with supplier management and able to manage cost and schedule at a professional level also desirable.
- Familiar with Mil-Std-704, and AS50881
Back to top