EHS Engineer 3 - Industrial Hygiene/Safety (Palmdale, CA)
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Engineer will be responsible for developing and supporting various EHS programs at an aerospace manufacturing facility in areas including, but not limited to:
- Industrial hygiene (IH) and occupational health program support
- Conduct IH monitoring and analysis
- Evaluate health hazards and regulatory compliance
- Provide guidance on hazard controls
- Ergonomic evaluations and design reviews
- Injury and illness prevention plans and procedures
- Safety and health training
- Contractor safety
- Project reviews and job hazard analysis
- Inspections and investigations
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) and five years of experience in the environmental, safety and health field.
- Must have working knowledge of OSHA, NIOSH, ANSI, NEC and NFPA regulations and standards.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security clearance.
- Occupational Safety and Health or related degree.
- 2 or more years experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment preferred.
- Professional certification such as Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP).
- Current active DOD Secret Clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top