EHS Engineer 3 (Health & Safety Programs)
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of major technological advancements throughout our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an EHS Engineer 3 position in El Segundo, CA.
This position's duties include:
- Identifies hazardous workplace conditions and takes samples and measurements of hazardous forces and toxic substances.
- identifies and helps implement control measures to protect employees - by guarding, revising work procedures and training, requiring use of protective clothing & personal protective equipment, and taking other appropriate measures.
- Takes effective steps to ensure that workplace conditions comply with applicable federal and state occupational safety and health standards, ensuring that required records are prepared and maintained.
- Participates in occupational safety & health agency inspections and customer/internal audits, and in any corrective action procedures that may follow. Investigates, and assists management in preparing reports on injuries and fatalities.
- Conducts and assists in developing & updating safety and health training courses. Interfaces with management, supervision and employees and acts as a resource on safety and health matters.
- Bachelor's degree in EHS or Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM).
- 5 years relevant experience in environmental, industrial hygiene and/or safety programs.
- Master's degree in EHS or Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM).
- Familiarity with Environmental, Health & Safety regulations in the Aerospace industry.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top