EEE (Electromagnetic Environmental Effects) Specialist - Systems Engineer 5
The Systems Engineering Organization within the Aerospace Systems Research Technology and Engineering (RT&E) organization has an opening for an EEE (Electromagnetic Environmental Effects) Specialist - Systems Engineer 5 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA.
The EEE Specialist will work within Systems Engineering's Specialty Design Analysis (SDA) department focused on Electromagnetics Environmental Effects as well as representing NGC to the customer on all matters concerning EEE
EEE procedures provide guidance throughout the conceptual design, design development and integration, production, sustainment process including test capabilities (Unit and System).
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) field and 14 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: EEE: Electromagnetics, RF Design, EEE: EMI/EMC, ESD, Lightning, EMP for aircraft and space designs OR
- Master's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) field and 12 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: EEE: Electromagnetics, RF Design, EEE: EMI/EMC, ESD, Lightning, EMP for aircraft and space designs
- Demonstrated experience in and solid understanding of environments and controls (i.e. HEMP, SGEMP, EMI, EMC, ESD, lightning, non-ionizing directed energy, HERO, HERF, HERP, TEMPEST, EMSEC)
- Current and active DOD Secret or Top Secret clearance
- MS in Electronic / Electrical Engineering
- Experience working on military aircraft or spacecraft programs
- Working knowledge of design and requirements development tools
- Strong People and Technical Leadership Skills
- Strong team building skills, and be comfortable working on large teams with talented engineering from other engineering disciplines
- Excellent communication skills (upward and downward)
- Active, In scope DOD Top Secret or SCI clearance
- Excellent understanding of Mil-Std-461F and Mil-Std-464C and experience tailoring them
- Solid understanding of the systems engineering process and tools
- Ability to be, and interest in being, a Control Account Manager
- Understanding of spectrum management and AFI 33-580
- Comfortable in authoring requirements using DOORS
- Experience with SysML-based MBSE methods and tools
- Experience developing a spectrum supportability risk assessment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top