Eclipse STC (System Test Controller) Principal Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The selected candidate will aid in the development and maintenance of the System Test Controller (STC) software used on a variety of space programs. The candidate should have experience with STC products such as the Eclipse(R) system test controller software product (Raytheon product), DSATS software (Distributed Spacecraft Automated Test System), or other equivalent system test controller software which provides real-time command and telemetry processing, scripting tools, data archiving and retrieval. The candidate should also have experience with Java software development, database programming, and network communication protocols, as well as an active SCI clearance. This person will work closely with senior software engineers to learn the complexities of an existing system as well as help develop enhancements and improvements for the next generation systems.
Requisition requires candidate who is able to troubleshoot/debug software and system issues, able to work effectively in a small team, willing to take on challenges and take initiative to resolve issues, able to communicate technical information and issues with teammates, managers, and customers, and able to support end users on the floor during critical testing to ensure minimal downtime.
- 5 years professional experience in software engineering with Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) related field, or 3 years experience with a STEM Master's Degree
- Experience with System Test Controller software (STC) such as Raytheon's Eclipse(R) software or other equivalent system test controller software
- Programming experience in Java
- Ability to maintain an active U.S. Government SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
- Able to travel up to 10% to support offsite operations
- Experience with Oracle database administration and development
- Experience with relational databases, SQL queries, and programming in PL/SQL
- Experience with Linux, working from command line, and using shell scripting tools (vi, sed, awk, grep)
- Experience with Python scripting
- Experience with CM tools (ClearCase, ClearQuest)
- Experience with CORBA
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top