E-6B - Principal Engr Mfg
- Lake Charles, LA
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman is looking for an experienced engineer to join our team of professionals. This position is located in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Duties include creating work instructions for production mechanics to perform inspections and then research and write repair instructions to correct defects that have been found in accordance with program or Boeing technical data. They will also assist manufacturing and engineering personnel with research needed to properly assemble a quality product while documenting the necessary steps of the process.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking a Principal Engineer Manufacturing. Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling. Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout. Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance. Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions. May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan. Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality. Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques. Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques. Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
- Bachelor's degree with a STEM discipline along with at least 5 years of experience working with engineering drawings, process specifications and other tech data.
- Able to perform work in an approved environment during specified work hoursAbility to change physical locations based upon need (including physical ability to travel)
- Able to work in both external and internal environmental conditions
- Able to collaborate in a team environment
- Able to gather, analyze and correlate data
- Able to understand technical instructions and create logical sequences of events and provide them to others
- Able to prioritize multiple responsibilities and complete them in a reasonable amount of time
- Experience with Standard Repair Manuals especially Boeing Standard Repair Manuals. Experience with paperless planning systems preferably Northrop Grumman Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
- Experience with MRO inspection deck also a plus
- Previous E-6B expirience
Back to top