E Procurement Analyst III
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place you.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life.
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
Defines requirements for and maintains electronic catalogs, purchasing and monitoring tools, demand planning systems, etc. in order to streamline the procurement process for buyers. Requires knowledge of the purchasing function and an understanding of web-based commerce systems. Incumbent typically collaborates with IT resources to improve systems.
The Electronic Material Analyst will be responsible for full cradle to grave procurement/buying activity defined, but not limited to, the following:
- Verifies/Validates purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to vendor database; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
- Prepares and submits request for Proposals both in competitive and non-competitive environments.
- Manages and performs Source selection down select for winning bids.
- Negotiates terms & conditions, price and delivery schedules with suppliers.
- Performs price analysis on proposed pricing from supplier's utilizing price analysis techniques, market research, historical pricing and price comparisons.
- Responsible for award and management of Purchase Orders from order placement to delivery & closeout.
- Verifies and approves receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Validates proper paperwork is received (Certificate of Conformance, Manufacturing Certs).
- Authorizes payment for completed orders.
- Maintains electronic Purchase Order files in SAP IAW Corporate and sector policy and procedures.
- 6 years of experience with a Bachelor's degree or 4 years with Master's degree. Additional experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Candidate must be proficient in all aspects of warehousing, packaging, handling, shipping & receiving personnel.
- Candidate must have complete understanding of all logistic elements, supportability, maintainability and logistics support analysis.
- Candidate must be able to identify and predict support equipment spares and consumable usage rates.
- Candidate must understand government Bench Stock, Bonded Stock, and Shop Stock requirements.
- Must be able to operate and maintain standard warehouse equipment/vehicles (Folk lift, warehouse tug, and bobtail).
- Candidate should have knowledge of AFI 23-101.
- Basic computer skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint required.
- All applicants must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements such as chemical warfare training and immunizations that may include anthrax and smallpox.
- Applicants must meet and maintain medical requirements for worldwide travel.
- Candidate must obtain a secret clearance, but is not required to start. Additionally, the ability to obtain and retain a Program Security Clearance is required as condition of employment and be willing to submit and pass a polygraph.
- Extensive knowledge understanding of logistic elements; supportability, inventory management and logistics support.
- Performs well in small groups with little oversight.
- Extensive experience with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Applicants must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top