DTS Computer Operations Support Analyst 4 (17-120)
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
- The Distributed Training System (DTS) Computer Operations Support Analyst (COSA) will report to the C2BMC Operations Training Lead and is responsible for day-to-day operation and sustainment of C2BMC training systems environment for training missions supported by C2BMC's presence at the Missile Defense Integration & Operations Center (MDIOC).
- The DTS COSA is responsible for providing training and exercise support for all scheduled warfighter events and coordinates with JFCC-IMD, USNORTHCOM, GMD, remote sites and C2BMC systems and network infrastructure, hardware and/or application service providers on various issues and concerns.
- Responsible for administering and managing systems hardware and software in a complex environment, consisting of Sun Solaris, Unix, Windows systems/servers and Cisco, Juniper network components.
- Responsible for providing engineering expertise to support 'ad hoc' customer requests to participate in C2BMC discussions and to relate this experience to DTS related engineering discussions as necessary.
- The DTS COSA will perform systems troubleshooting activities for both operational and training environments.
- Responsible for providing Help Desk support functions and assistance as required based on area of technical expertise and experience.
- The DTS COSA interfaces directly with the warfighter to answer DTS related questions, assists on C2BMC utilization, supports pre-event training, and the post training debrief.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
- Position is typically Mon - Fri with extended hours split between 2 shifts.
- Candidate may be required to support 24x7 shift work.
- Candidate will be assigned to a shift, to be determined by mission requirements.
- Some substitute rotation during off-shifts, including nights and weekends will be required.
- AA or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline with 6 years of professional experience or 10 years in lieu of a degree
- Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification requirements (Security CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA - Security).
- Ability to participate with scripted / impromptu inputs during warfighter exercise conferences.
- Sound knowledge and practical experience to direct the assessment and development of Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) and/or Operating Instructions (OIs) to effectively administer, operate and manage services under DMETS/DTS C2BMC
- Sound background and experience with operations and maintenance of complex large-scale computer systems.
- Sound background and experience in system administration of UNIX (Solaris)/Linux (RedHat) systems utilizing command line interface.
- Ability to work effectively in an operations center team environment.
- Capable of developing and employing procedures to provide guidance in network related tasks.
- Able to advise on network management issues and enforce network management and networks security policy and principles in dealing with internal and external offices and organizations.
- Utilizes trouble ticketing and master station logs to document and update problems encountered/resolved and related actions taken on a daily basis.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top