DSP ASIC-FPGA Architect 5
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is searching for an Architect for next generation DSP ASIC solutions in support of future software defined sensor systems for our nation's next generation defense platforms.
This person will have a technology leadership position that will span multiple roles:
- Architecting and modeling Digital Signal Processing algorithms and systems targeting ASIC and FPGA implementation
- Implement DSP algorithms in Matlab/Python or other higher level languages
- Perform trade studies to optimize aspects of system performance such as dynamic range, power, etc
- Providing direction and oversight to internal and external design teams supporting semiconductor process or FPGA selection, algorithm verification, etc.
- Working with internal program management to develop realistic estimates for development cost, risk and schedule for advanced designs incorporating significant DSP functionality
- Working with interdisciplinary teams to develop a system architecture and allocating functionality to system components such as SoCs, mixed-signal ASICs, RF ICs and FPGAs
- Creating requirements and directing designers
- Further define, drive, and streamline overall process using commercial world practices
- Define and drive the overall system architecture requirements
- Work with and provide direction to the development and verification teams to develop, review, and approve validation and test plans
- Work with System, Software, RF, Security, and Platform architects to define the overall architecture to meet the product requirements
- Monitor and participate in the development of industry standards
- BS degree in Applied Mathematics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical degree with 14 years of experience (12 years with an MS, 9 years with a PhD)
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Experience and strong background in the following areas:
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing systems such Digital Receivers, Direct Digital Waveform Generation, and Software Defined Radio implemented in ASICs and FPGAs
- Understanding of both ASIC and FPGA design flows
- Experience architecting and developing advanced verification solutions for ASICs and FPGA from initial verification planning, verification architecture, and development of verification environments
- MS or PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, and/or Electrical Engineering
- TS/SCI Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top