DSATS Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The selected candidate will aid in the development and maintenance of the AMP ATL System Test Controller software (DSATS). The candidate should have knowledge of Java software development, database programming, and network communication protocols, as well as an active SCI clearance. This person will work closely with senior software engineers to learn the complexities of an existing system as well as help develop enhancements and improvements for the next generation system.
Requisition requires candidates who is able to troubleshoot/debug software and system issues, able to work effectively in a small team, willing to take on challenges and take initiative to resolve issues, able to communicate technical information and issues with teammates, managers, and customers, and able to support end users on the floor during critical testing to ensure minimal downtime.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) related field
- Minimum of 2 years of professional Software Engineering experience (0 years of experience with a Master's Degree)
- Programming experience in C, C++, C#, or Java
- An active SCI clearance
- Fundamental knowledge of object oriented programming design and basic networking concepts
- Able to travel up to 10% to support offsite operations
- Experience with developing in and debugging Java Applications
- Experience with Oracle relational databases, Oracle applications and tools, writing SQL queries, and developing in PL/SQL
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, working from command line, and using shell scripting tools (vi, sed, awk, grep)
- Experience with Python scripting
- Experience with CM tools (ClearCase, ClearQuest)
- Experience with CORBA
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top