Northrop Grumman is seeking a Drupal Web Content Management Services (WCMS) Subject Matter Expert (SME)/Architect to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This role will be located in New Carrollton, MD. Throughout the project, the candidate will work closely with Project Management and internal/external teams to define and prioritize functionality; execute agile scrum processes, and deliver rapid iterations of progressively complex features and functionality.
As the Drupal SME/Architect, you will design and develop system architectures, define key capabilities and performance requirements, and identify design and technology maturity constraints of the system in accordance with customer specifications. In this role, the candidate will develop CMS system architecture, define the system implementation approach and operational concept, ensure requirements are met, and evaluate performance. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to drive change with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills - including experience in Agile/Scrum development practices.
- Perform as Drupal SME and solutions architect providing guidance and collaboration with the internal and external teams to evaluate solutions and gain consensus for migration from OpenText CMS to Drupal WCMS
- Perform functional and technical analysis, timeline analysis, and interface definition to translate customer requirements into software specifications and user stories
- Key member of agile sprint team for sprint planning and backlog management of technical solution
Implement the major aspects of the sprints per the defined functionality for the site with attention to detail and support through the testing and deployment
- Provide expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices
- A key team member who can think out of the box, has an eye towards UX, and collaborates with managers, engineers and other team members to achieve goals and objectives set for the project
- Design and develop system design document for all aspects of the web site and migration for the content from existing system to Drupal
- Facilitate planning for production implementation of solutions
- Develop and maintain technical specifications and documentation
- Utilize best practices for version control, documentation, and software interoperability
- Work under general direction. Independently determine and develop systems architecture approaches to Drupal WCMS solutions.
- Provide expertise with LAMP stack development and implement core and contributed modules and develop custom modules per design within Drupal framework to maintain the functionality of the existing site
Resolve performance and development issues throughout all the sprints
Basic Qualifications are:
- Bachelor's Degree and 14 years of related experience OR Master's Degree and 12 years of related experience
- 5 years technical and architecture experience in Drupal CMS solution development
- Experience in applications development in a complex, multi-platform distributed environment
- Working knowledge and expertise with CMS migration from existing CMS to new CMS (preferably Drupal)
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and related technologies (hardware, virtualization, networking)
- Proficient in current development and source code management tools (Visual Studio, Eclipse, Git, SVN)
- Experience in the design and development of system architectures, including the definition of key capabilities and performance requirements
- Experience in the development of external system interface and definitions
- Ability to relay and receive information both written and verbally
- Must be able to obtain an IRS Moderate Risk MBI Clearance, US Permanent Resident Status for the last 3 years or US Citizenship required
- Experience designing and delivering large scale web sites
- Experience with Agile Software development and Agile methodology
- Experience in implementing Drupal 8 Web Content Management Systems
- Experience in migrating OpenText and/or other Content Management Systems to Drupal CMS
- Active IRS MBI Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top