Plans, lays out, draw, and revise detailed part, assembly, and installation engineering drawings from basic layouts, established references, and standard data in a field of specialization such as structures, devices, mechanics, electrical, or electronics.
WORKING PROCEDURE AND/OR RESPONSIBILITY ASSIGNED:
PERFORM WORK OF EQUAL OR LOWER SKILL AS REQUIRED.
1. Create detail and assembly drawings of simple to average parts and assemblies from layouts or general instructions. This required a basic knowledge of prevailing Design and Drafting Department practice and procedures. Determine from layouts those detail and assembly drawings which are necessary and identify/obtain additional information as required.
2. Create simple layouts of simple assemblies such as panels, chassis, printed circuit assemblies and the like which do not involve complex structures or complicated mechanical motion working from layouts, sketches, or specific instructions and under close direction of higher classified drafters.
3. Make simple changes on a variety or electrical and mechanical drawings according to change notice or general instructions. Incorporate groups of routine change notices and follow through until complete information is on drawings. Work with other drafters and coordinate changes as necessary.
4. Obtain proper information for drawings from drawing systems manual, standard books, engineering reference handbooks, material, and process specifications supplier catalogs, etc.
5. Interpret simple drawings including customer and vendor drawingsto obtain information relative to assignment.
6. Ensure the accuracy and completeness of own work.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent plus an Associate's Degree, or Technical Degree in the field of design and drafting.
Experience: Zero (0) years' of experience required for this role.
Clearance:An Active or Current TS/SCI clearance is required.
An Active or Current TS/SCI clearance with a Polygraph is preferred.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company whose 120,000 employees provide innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems, shipbuilding and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top