Drafter / Designer - TS/SCI Clearance
- Ventura, CA
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman - Mission Systems Sector - Undersea Systems Division is seeking a self-starting, motivated Cleared Drafter / Designer to join our dedicated team. The team designs, develops, tests, delivers, and operates advanced prototype, unique marine systems. The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to support a variety of unique equipment designed for marine applications.
The expectation of this position is an individual who has all the designing/drafting skills as outlined herein, plus a hands-on individual with the mechanical aptitude to perform some field engineering work during surge workload maintenance periods as outlined herein.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- The designer/drafter will be required to design components or portions of systems and modify existing designs to develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations.
- Utilize computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools such as SolidWorks.
- Gather information, perform studies, make calculations, and prepare original rough layouts and sketches to present design proposals.
- Coordinate design criteria with engineering, manufacturing, planning group, and customer personnel.
- Create drawings from 3D models, write change orders, and update legacy drawings to incorporate design changes.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top