DOE CBOSS Cyber Operator
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and
experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest
may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Northrop Grumman is building our Cyber Security team supporting the Security Operations Center (SOC) of CIO Business Operations Support Services (CBOSS) under the Department of Energy (DOE).
Responsibilities for this Pipeline requisition include:
- Proactively detect and assess cybersecurity risks and vulnerabilities
- Resolve threats and continually monitor effectiveness of cybersecurity solutions
- Continuous monitoring and diagnostics and incident response
- Cyber Initiative Analyses & Support, Policy Development & Implementation, Supply Chain Risk
- Management, cyber specific training and other cyber workforce development activities
As a leader in information technology solutions Northrop Grumman provides talented individuals with the opportunity to:
- Work with the latest tools and technologies
- Share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry.
- Connect with coworkers in a caring, diverse, and respectful environment
- Collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups
Qualifications - External
- Hands on knowledge in computer and network forensics.
- Ability to conduct vulnerability assessments/penetration tests of information systems.
- Ability to develop, research and maintain proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trend in computer and network vulnerabilities, data hiding, and encryption.
- Ability to Identify, deter, monitor, and investigate computer and network intrusions.
- Ability to provide computer forensic support to high technology investigations in the form of evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, and data recovery.
- Ability to determine enterprise information assurance and security standards.
- Ability to develop and implement information assurance/security standards and procedures.
- Proven track record in coordination, development, and evaluation of security programs for an organization.
- Ability to recommend information assurance/security solutions to support customers' requirements.
- Hands on ability to identify, report, and resolve security violations.
- Ability to establish and satisfy information assurance and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.
- Ability to support customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies.
- 5-7 years of know-how to government and commercial common user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized security features and procedures.
- Ability to perform analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures.
- Ability to analyze and define security requirements for computer systems which may include mainframes, workstations, and personal computers.
- 5-7 years of design, development, engineering, and implementation of solutions that meet security requirements.
- Ability to provide integration and implementation of the computer system security solution.
- Ability to analyze general information assurance-related technical problems and provides basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems.
- 5-7 years of Performing vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle.
- Ability to ensure that all information systems are functional and secure.
- 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
- Top Secret Clearance
- Previous working experience with DOE/CBOSS
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/
Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/
AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top