Disaster Recovery (DR-COOP) Lead
Northrop Grumman is seeking a motivated professional to join our Team as a Disaster Recovery (DR-COOP) Lead. This position is located in Quantico, VA.
The Lead will serve as the Disaster Recovery (DR) Administrator to fully implement its DR Plan immediately upon Government or Helpdesk notification or through self-analysis that production services have failed. This includes restoration of all DSS production systems and data. The Lead updates and maintains the IT system DR Plan and be available to perform testing and validation of its plan and procedures. She/he produces and maintains an IT Operations Run Book (also known as the SOP) that provides detailed instructions on the IT system DR process. The Operations Run Book shall be updated as required to stay current. The DR plan shall be maintained and executed in accordance with DOD policies and mandates.
- Update and maintain DR Plan that supports the DSS strategy, requirements, scenarios, and recovery time/position objectives and resiliency/redundancy requirements for IT infrastructure and systems.
- Recommend and approve data replication, backup, and retention requirements.
- Develop, update, and maintain existing and new DR architectures for all DSS enclaves.
- Provision (and de-provision), install and configure DR solutions in accordance with STIG compliance.
- Conduct training and establish scheduled DR tests; track and report DR test results and lessons learned; incorporate lessons learned into the DR Plan.
- Perform failover tests and provide feedback to the IA Branch.
- Support relocation planning and transition DR infrastructure.
- Monitor DR availability, capacity, and performance and provide reports and trend analysis for capacity planning.
- Perform enterprise DR data analysis (search and purge) to reduce capacity.
- Provide engineering capability assessments to ensure DR capabilities are meeting current agency capacity demands.
- 5 Years' experience with Bachelors in a STEM degree; 3 Years with Masters in a STEM degree; 0 Years with PhD in a STEM degree.
- Experience in systems design and analisys, including data center support, using many of the following:
- Windows Server 2008/2012 operating system
- RedHat Enterprise Linux operating system
- Solaris 10 operating system (SPARC and/or x86)
- VMware vShpere/ESXi hypervisor
- Cisco Routers
- Cisco Switches (layer 2 and layer 3)
- Cisco Firewalls
- Cisco Access Points
- Cisco Network Control System (NCS)
- Cisco Mobility Services Engine (MSE)
- Cisco Access Control System (ACS)
- Juniper Firewalls
- Juniper SSL-VPN
- Forcepoint Sidewinder Firewalls
- F5 BIG-IP Local traffic Manager (LTM)
- F5 BIG-IP Global Traffic Manager (GTM)
- Knowledge of networking protocols including, but not limited to, BGP, OSPF, HSRP, IPSec, DHCP and DNS.
- Knowledge of common protocols like SMTP, POP, IMAP, DNS, SSH, etc.
- Knowledge of NAS protocols, such as NFS, CIFS, etc.
- Experience in leading or managing a systems administration team in an enterprise IT environment.
- Experience in leading or managing a network team in an enterprise IT environment.
- Experience with obtaining and maintaining systems accreditations.
- Experience with system capacity analysis, planning, and implementation methods.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team and/or work independently on complex tasks with little supervision and management oversight.
- Must have CISSP or equivalent certification.
- Must possess active/current TS clearance (SCI eligible)
- Certifications with Microsoft, Red Hat, Oracle, VMware, F5, Juniper and/or Cisco.
- Experience in implementing scripting automation/orchestration tools.
- Experience with Cryptographic devices.
- Experience with DSS or the DoD Security Community.
- Proven experience supporting a DoD program that consists of multiple remote networks and Data Centers housing a multi-zone multi-network environment.
- Strong oral presentation and written communication skills for providing documentation to customers.
- Proven experience managing highly technical team supporting a major DoD program consisting of multiple Data Centers housing a multi-zone multi-network environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top