Disaster Preparedness Specialist 4
Advises a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Information and Communications Technology (ICT) customer.
Responsible for developing, planning, coordinating, and implementing advanced Continuity of Operations (COOP) plans and Information Technology (IT) Disaster Recovery Plans (DRP) to ensure DHS ICT systems are available to support DHS Essential Functions when and where needed. Responsibilities include; developing, coordinating, implementing, and maintaining Continuity plans and training. Conducting Tabletop, and Functional exercises to prepare Continuity personnel and validate the organization's Continuity capabilities. Assist in implementing Continuity plans, processes and procedures for planned and unplanned real-world events. Provide recommendations to mitigate risks and improve mission essential system resiliency. Perform function and system based risk analysis, identify gaps, make mitigation recommendations and maintain risk metrics.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Management or related degree; 4 years equivalent in education and work experience in lieu of a BS
- Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years demonstrated experienced in Federal Continuity of Operations and IT disaster recovery planning.
- Must be proficient in developing, writing, coordinating, and maintaining Federal Continuity of Operations and IT disaster recovery related documents
- Must be proficient developing, planning, coordinating, and conducting tabletop, functional exercises and operational system tests at the component level
- Must be proficient identifying test and exercise lessons learned, writing after action reports and implementing corrective action plans
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to function and adjust priorities in a fast paced customer setting
- Must be proficient with MS Office products
- Ability to learn how to administer emergency notification systems, use on-line ticketing and database applications
- Must be detailed oriented
- Must have broad technical understanding of an IT enterprise (Server, Middleware, Networks etc.)
- Top Secret with SCI eligibility security clearance
- Approved DHS Entry on Duty (EOD)
- Must live within one hour driving distance from the site
- Skilled in conceptualizing creative solutions, documenting and presenting them to senior management.
- Certified Business Continuity Planner (CBCP) or Associated Disaster Recovery Planner accreditation preferred.
- Ability to develop and deliver projects on time with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently or work in team setting to deliver projects
- Ability to manage, track, and report production changes.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience in influence and garnering alignment from external organizations
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries and influence change
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills.
- Extremely high level of analytical ability with complex problems.
- Very high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, and elicit input in a team environment.
- Ability to align change management strategies with project.
- Proven experience, knowledge and demonstration of continuous process improvement.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of current disaster recovery planning techniques and technologies as well as the methods used in performing risk analyses and business impact analyses
- Ability be communicate effectively with various response teams during exercises and real world continuity events
- Must be accomplished in applying risk management principles to heighten the probability of successful continuity plan implementation
- FEMA Emergency Management Institute Independent Study Courses:
- IS-100.b, Introduction to the Incident Command System
- IS-120.a, An Introduction to Exercises
- IS-130, Exercise Evaluation and Improvement Planning
- IS-230.d Fundamentals of Emergency Management,
- IS-235.c, Emergency Planning
- IS-546.a, Continuity of Operations Awareness
- IS-547.a, Continuity of Operations Planning Web-Based
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top