Director, Systems Engineering (Dir 1)
Director, Systems Engineering (Director 1)
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems – Research, Technology and Engineering (RT&E) organization is seeking a Systems Integration, Test and Evaluation (SIT&E) Director, reporting to the Manned Aircraft Design Center of Excellence (CoE) Engineering Vice President. The director is responsible for the functional management of Systems Engineering and leads over 600 personnel located within the Melbourne Manned Aircraft Design CoE. This position is located in Melbourne, Florida.
The Systems Engineering organization is responsible for skills inclusive of configuration and data management, air worthiness, modeling and simulation, systems requirements management, systems integration, and mission systems architecture and design.
The selected candidate will be expected to:
- Provide oversight of all major functions within Systems Engineering
- Be responsible for long range planning and all aspects of functional homeroom performance
- Provide ownership for the people, processes, and tools that support divisions and programs achieve their missions
- Determine organizational objectives with a long term perspective for desired results and alignment for overall long range plans and corporate wide strategy
- Be accountable for recruiting, staffing and retaining talent to deliver on the objectives
- Provides leadership that fosters teamwork, effective two-way communication, challenging and rewarding work, career development, accountability, and results
- Have direct responsibility for chairing technical review board, supporting proposal work, independent technical reviews, program standup and audits, and special assignments on an as needed basis
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math field from an accredited institution
- At least 9 years of systems engineering and/or engineering management experience
- Experience in a technical leadership/management role
- Current active DoD Secret clearance
- Ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance
- Experience leading large organizations
- Experience implementing action plans based on metrics and/or root cause/corrective issues
- Recent experience with functional management and resolving tool and process issues
- Recent experience briefing VP and Director level executives
- Experience with customer Systems Engineering community
- Extensive experience in mission systems design and architecture, avionics supplier management, staffing, and model based engineering
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top