Director Programs 2 - General Manager
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) is seeking a highly qualified individual to serve as the General Manager of a strategic business unit (SBU) of cross-discipline specialists and engineers located in Santa Rosa, CA. The SBU designs, develops and manufactures optical, RF thin film materials and specialty coatings primarily for aerospace applications.
The General Manager will have responsibility for key business development efforts across all phases of the business acquisition process, and be sufficiently self-motivated to create new business in support of the sector's strategic objectives. Position requires close coordination with sector executive management, finance, engineering, operations, and R&D.
Position requires a fundamental business understanding of US Government space, airborne and ground systems as they relate to our product portfolio. Position is responsible for positioning the SBU with government science and technology customers (AFRL, ONR, DARPA, NASA, etc.) and other prime contractors, in the capture of new business and profitable joint ventures.
Technical background includes significant experience in leading and coordinating a small engineering development group. Position reports to the NGAS VP Research & Technology.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of related experience
- Experience/education in the production, testing, use, and application of both optical and RF thin film materials
- Background in guiding strategic development projects through Applied Research to full rate production
- Thorough knowledge of government procurement and business development process (identification, qualification, capture and bid activities)
- Experience leading highly technical teams and managing budgets.
- Active In Scope DOD Secret clearance and ability to obtain and maintain Top Secret Clearance and Special Program Access
- Master's degree.
- Prior capture management experience.
- Active Top Secret clearance.
- Special Program Access.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills including the ability to generate written material to communicate to customers at all levels, including senior executives.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top