Director, Production Operations
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Production Operations Director for our Joint STARS Programmed Depot Maintenance Line. The candidate will direct all phases of aircraft / systems operations across the factory floor in Lake Charles, LA. Responsible for the overall cost, schedule and technical performance of Joint STARS Depot operations.
- Interfaces regularly with senior NG executives and Government officials and participates in the negotiation of depot SOW, contract and contract changes.
- Leads production readiness reviews and coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of production contracts.
- Acts as primary customer contact for Lake Charles Depot operational activities, leading program review sessions with internal and external customers to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules.
- Identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, aviation management, or related field with 15 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated and extensive MRO experience across multiple platforms including commercial wide-body aircraft MRO under FAA FAR Part 145 repair station regulations.
- MRO Program Management experience is essential with knowledge of commercial aircraft maintenance manuals, workcards, and military technical orders, scheduling process, other work specifications, Government technical orders and military depot work requirements.
- Demonstrated leadership, and strong written and oral communication skills to all levels of work force and senior management.
- Able to perform work in an approved environment during specified work hours
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance is required.
- Experience in managing in a DCMA 82-10 environment.
- Experience with depot maintenance program management of Military Commercial Derivative Aircraft.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top