Director of Global Media
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector Communications seeks a Communications Director to join its team, in our McLean, VA office.
The Director of Global Media is responsible for developing and executing communications strategies that align with and support the company's business objectives. The Director works at multiple levels of the organization, including business units, divisions, sectors, and corporate, to develop and gain support for, and participation in, these strategies. This position will lead the development and execution of media communications and brand strategies for the sector and be responsible for global media relations both traditional and digital. The Director also leads communications for the company's C4ISR pillar and leads MS sector public release policies and their implementation. Additionally, the Director is responsible for overseeing the sector's performance metrics team providing the monthly data and analysis that is foundational to all communication activities. The position reports to the Sector Vice President of Communications.
Specifically, the Director of Global Media leads and coordinates day-to-day media strategy, crisis management, media relations, brand and external messaging for the sector and across the corporation (in partnership with sector peers). Leads development and implementation of the C4ISR pillar communications.
Deliverables: Sector Media Relations Strategy; C4ISR Communication Strategy, crisis response plans; Enterprise Public Release Online Clearance policies and practice, monthly metrics reports, and cross-sector media events
In addition, the Director of Global Media supports the Sector Vice President of Communications on emerging sector-wide communications strategies and campaigns as required.
At least 10 years of directly related professional work experience with a Master's degree or 12 years of directly related professional work experience with a Bachelor's degree.
- Track record of leadership success with substantial communications projects.
- Excellent executive-level written and verbal communications skills.
- Strategic systems-level thinking, interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to manage budgets, schedules and executive support.
- Extensive experience developing and maintaining strong media and customer relationships.
- Extensive experience with performance metrics and analysis.
- In depth understanding of the global traditional and digital media environment.
- Track record of successfully leading teams of direct and matrixed employees including team members located in multiple locations.
- Management of multiple projects and priorities while meeting schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen, with the ability to obtain a DoD secret government security clearance.
- National Security subject matter experience
- DoD secret government security clearance
- Experience with international communications projects including managing employees located globally.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top