Director of Communications 1-Division and Site Communications
- Palmdale, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You build trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is you...keep reading!
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Communications Director 1-Division and Site Communications, to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The Director 1, Division and Site Communications, is the primary sector Communications advisor for division and site leadership. He or she is responsible for leading the development and execution of communications strategy, planning and messaging for the division/s, sites, division programs of record and relevant new business captures. He or she will lead, in partnership with other members of the Communications leadership team as applicable, initiatives to promote and publicize culture, people, products and performance, expanding awareness of Northrop Grumman's brand and reputation as a leader in target markets. He or she will be responsible for the direct leadership of program and site communications representatives assigned to the division and site.
- Set the strategy and tactical communications plan for expanding awareness of Northrop Grumman's brand through division accomplishments, thought leadership, capabilities and operational performance
- Identify opportunities to continually improve upon the sector's in-house capability to deliver world-class communications
- Lead development and execution of division integrated communications strategy
- Create top down integrated messaging to be used across the division and site.
- Active engagement with non-traditional communications avenues and outlets
- Oversee division and site contributions to the external communications hubs and the Internet website
- Maintain division integrated communications plans for the division's programs and captures
Back to top