Director of Business Development (NIS)
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life. Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Director of Business Development for the System Modernization & Services (SMS) Division, primarily focused on marketing and sales of enterprise network infrastructure and cloud migration services in the Federal Civilian and Health marketplace. This position will be located in McLean, Virginia.
The Director of Business Development for Network and Infrastructure Services (NIS) responsibilities include: meeting the new business goals of the division, facilitate their teams' account plans, business opportunity identification and qualification for enterprise network infrastructure and cloud migration services; capture plan development and execution; customer interaction management; and technical, operational and customer intimacy leadership. The Director will lead senior customer interaction activities within core customers such as US Departments of Treasury, Justice, State, Homeland Security, Commerce, Health & Human Services, and Transportation for Enterprise Network Infrastructure and Cloud Migration opportunities. This individual must also contribute to the success of the overall Division and work collaboratively with the other Business & Operating Unit leadership at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Science, Computer or Marketing with minimum 8 yrs. experience in business development or program management for enterprise network infrastructure and 3 years of experience in cloud migration services
- Knowledge of and relationship with converged and hyper converged infrastructure, public, private, and hybrid cloud solution providers such as VMWare, CISCO and service providers such as Microsoft Azure, Rackspace, and Amazon Web Services
- Experience with government customer cloud strategy and transformation including cloud services (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS) implementation and migration to public, private, or hybrid cloud
- Understanding of security and privacy implications of moving applications and data to the cloud
- Demonstrated presentation skills both written and oral, including ability to effectively communicate to senior management. Ability to apply entrepreneurial out of box approaches to expand market space.
- The ability to conduct and direct competitive product analysis and thorough market research of products.
- The demonstrated ability to determine profitability / viability of new products
- The ability to create business development and marketing strategies to ensure effective product placement relative to market opportunity, working closely with the program management and engineering team is required.
- Understanding of international business practices.
- Demonstrated success in leading and developing a team of professionals and influencing team members without formal authority.
- U.S. citizen and current Security Clearance-Secret.
- Certifications for Microsoft, AWS, VMware, and/or CISCO is preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top