Director, Microelectronics and Electronics Manufacturing
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Director of Microelectronics and Electronics Manufacturing (MEM) Center within Electronics & Payloads to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. Microelectronics is Northrop Grumman's trusted foundry of III-V semiconductor technology in Manhattan Beach, CA.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU...keep reading!
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Advocating and managing resources (~$70M on an annual basis) for the foundry, electronics manufacturing (EAT and MAT) and is technically knowledgeable of the foundry capabilities
- Management of electronic production lines
- Provide vision and strategy to work with Research, Technology, and Engineering on securing Non-Contractual Technical Agreements (NCTA) and Contractual Research and Development (CRAD) resources to advance foundry technology and processes to continue to provide Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems with discriminating payload performance
- Direct span of control >450 people within MEM organization
- Bachelor of Science in engineering from an accredited academic institution
- Minimum of15 years of proven people leadership, business strategy, technology roadmapping
- Must be able to obtain and retain an Active SSBI
- Active SSBI
- MS/PHD in semiconductor related discipline from an accredited academic institution
- Hands-on experience in semiconductor foundry and electronics manufacturing
- Knowledge of III-V semiconductor processes
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top