Director Logistics 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOUkeep reading!
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking aDirectorLogistics1 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in the Goods Movement/Logistics organization. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and executing strategy for Aerospace System Sector Logistics operations in support of program schedule objectives, Sector affordability targets and First-time quality
- ManagingTransportation, Traffic, Packaging Engineering andImport Compliance statements of work (Directs activities associated with program transportation requirements, major deliveries (classified and unclassified shipments), and specialty movements)
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal and external customers, including local, state, federal and international agencies to ensure compliance with related regulatory requirements in support of AS Sector programs
- Oversees domestic and international traffic activities to ensure inbound/outbound logistics coordination and transportation freight cost quotes and estimates
- Develops program Transportation plans for all AS imports and exports, oversees Customs entry processing of imports from international suppliers, Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) classification process, audits, and approval of all sector-wide freight invoices
- Ensures coordination with DCMA associated with DD250 requirements and oversees the processing of loss and damage claims with carrier and Risk Management
- Performs import reviews and assessments, assists with legal import matters (Customs audits & prior disclosures), oversees C-TPAT and Trusted Trader Program and interfaces with U.S. Customs & Brokers
- Identifies opportunities for duty avoidance and oversees import regulatory requirements (HTS classification, valuation, record keeping, and customs entry declaration)
- Responsible for establishing requirements for protection of parts, materials, and equipment throughout procurement, manufacturing and delivery cycles
- Directs design and development of specific devices and instructions for Packaging, Material Handling, Storage & Transportation
- Bachelors degree
- 9 years of leadership experience in Logistics and/or Operations Management
- Extensivebackground with developinginternational and domestic Logistics strategies
- Working knowledge of SAP, Tableau, Risk management tools and familiarity with Statistical analysis
- Proficiency using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to Obtain and Maintain a DoD secret clearance
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Logistics or Operations Management
- Cross industry logistics experience (Aerospace/Defense/Commercial etc)
- APICS certified
- Active DOD clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top