Director, Interactive Media
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a director of Interactive Media to lead creative operations for the sector in a new Center of Excellence. This role will report to the director of Strategy & Pillars and lead the Center of Excellence's talented team of photographers, videographers, digital and Creative Services teams. The new Center of Excellence will serve as an internal creative resource that works in partnership with divisional and functional directors on strategic initiatives, programs and campaigns.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Manages the department establishes the overall creative strategy and ensures alignment with the sector-level communications strategy as well as business priorities.
- Provides strategic guidance to team based on goals, objectives and company policy.
- Develops creative programs that meet the company business objectives and advance brand strategy.
- Builds relationships with internal clientele across sector to achieve business success.
- Manages multiple projects from concept through completion.
- Directs the creative work of the interactive media team to maintain the company's high standards of excellence, timeliness, and profitability.
- Establishes a collaborative and engaging work environment for the interactive team across all geographic locations.
- Consults with regional function leads and other partners to ensure clear roles, responsibilities and clearly defined work.
- Plans and establishes budget, work goals, measurements, and training requirements necessary to provide both profitable and quality service to clients.
- Provides detailed information and cost estimates to ensure accurate data on which to plan and develops functional objectives and budgets leading to stable and profitable accounts.
- Oversees creative consultations with account teams to deliver appropriate creative strategies, schedules, budgets, production support, necessary reviews, and client presentations.
- Directs staff and oversees execution of all creative efforts to ensure that they are aligned with strategy, within budget, and on schedule.
- Responsible for full life cycle talent management process for team; including selection, development, compensation and performance management.
- Participates in new business efforts.
- Facilitates and promotes corporate initiatives and values throughout the function.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing communications, advertising or related field
- At least ten years of demonstrated experience leading a creative team and campaigns
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities while meeting schedule, budget and quality standards
- Strong strategic thinking, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent collaboration, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills as well as the ability to effectively interface with all levels of management
- Experienced presenter to executive leadership
- High energy, systems thinker with demonstrated ability to operate at a strategic level
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suites to include Acrobat
- Ability to obtain a DoD secret level clearance is required
- Occasional travel required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Master's degree in communications, marketing communications, advertising or related field
- Understanding of Federal government process/policies
- Experience working with and managing employees in a matrixed environment across multiple locations and/or represented under a collective bargaining agreement
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks within critical deadlines
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top