Director, Integrated Digital Product Development and Services
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services, Information Technology Solutions (ITS), is seeking a Director of Integrated Digital Product Development and Services that will define & execute the Information Technology strategy across engineering, manufacturing, and logistics serving the sector functions within Northrop Grumman. The successful candidate will translate concepts, develop transformational strategy, implement change, create & drive programs responsive to business requirements, and participate in cross-functional business councils. A critical element of the role will be to deploy Model Based Enterprise concepts in support of the Digital Thread/Twin. This position will report to the Corporate VP, Chief Information Officer (CIO) and will work closely with matrixed senior leadership across the company functions.
This position can be located at any major Northrop Grumman location across the country. (Melbourne, FL; Irving, TX; El Segundo, CA; McLean, VA; Herndon, VA)
This role is responsible for establishing and maintaining effective internal and external customer relationships to foster an in-depth understanding of business requirements and will lead and set the operational tempo by coordinating customer interface with domestic and international as well as industry partners. This will be accomplished through internal cross-sector and external strategy development and external outreach. The director will coordinate, integrate and synchronize corporate and sector digital product development strategies. The director will design, build, coordinate, and execute coordinated investment and execution plans, strategic approach plans, and corporate priority win alignment.
Our Director of Integrated Digital Product Development and Services will serve as a key member of the senior-management team on both the Information Technology Solutions organization and key Engineering/Manufacturing/Logistics functional leadership teams.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the creation and change management of a fully functionalized Integrated Digital Product Development and Services organization, aligned with Engineering/Manufacturing/Logistics focused on enabling outcomes of the business – cost reduction, efficiencies, speed to market, reuse & simplification across the sectors.
- Drive strategy and execution toward a common set of tools across all sectors centered around a PLM strategy that is the single source of truth across the enterprise for product definition, attributes and structure.
- Partner with senior leadership to implement model-based design and model-based enterprise pilots and mature offerings to become standard (enabling collaboration with suppliers, timely data access for manufacturing, enabling service installation & support).
- Develop a strong/empowered "super user community" and/or "CEC/engineering governance council "across engineering groups in conjunction with the sectors. This council will drive and influence simplification improvements within the Engineering/Manufacturing/Logistics functions.
- Drive the prioritization, budgeting and resource planning of IT work to support engineering/manufacturing/logistics business objectives and key initiatives for sectors and programs.
- Drive global deployment and adoption of engineering/manufacturing/logistics information technology solutions across Northrop Grumman.
- Determine engineering-wide information and technology needs, then define and lead implementation and maintenance strategies to meet those needs for existing and acquired businesses.
- Be responsible for improving IT operational excellence and controlling costs for the services function globally.
- Be responsible for management activities including recruiting, development, performance management, compensation, organization and teaming.
- Lead a growing IT organization of approximately 150 resources in the effective and on-going integration and maintenance of information technology systems. Manage direct reports.
- Develop, mentor, and lead a diverse employee base; hire and retain exceptional talent.
- Assure quality products by providing leadership to the organization in total management quality techniques.
- Demonstrate the highest levels of leadership integrity, openness, compliance and honesty in all business interactions.
- Bachelor's degree with 15 years related experience or master's degree and 13 years of experience.
- This position requires collaboration and teambuilding across multiple domains and a demonstrated ability to independently prioritize, plan, and execute work tasks in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment while maintaining high quality results.
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated performance in working in a fast paced, matrixed resource environment while delivering a quality work product and having positive customer satisfaction.
- DoD service or experience with DoD customers to include strategy development, management and leadership experience.
- The ability to analyze a broad range of issues and a demonstrated ability in strategic thinking to best influence senior DoD civilian and military decision makers and their international counterparts.
- The successful candidate would possess mid-level or advanced experience as an Engineering and IT leader. Project/Program Management experience is a plus.
- A high level of confidence, integrity, and hands on approach to problem solving are required as well as a professional executive presence for interacting with and influencing DoD decision makers, senior management and executives internal and external to the company.
- Must be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and political acumen.
- Candidate should possess good interpersonal and leadership skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a strong willingness to learn.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Active Secret Clearance. Ability to obtain SAP/SAR Program Clearances.
- Ability to travel 20% to 50%.
- Current Top Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain SAP/SAR program clearances.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top