Director, Business Development (Global Logistics & Modernization Division)
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Lead Business Development for the Global Logistics & Modernization Division of Northrop Grumman Technology Services. Duties include leading the business development team to grow the new business pipeline for a global $2B division focused on providing global logistics support, sustainment, operations and modernization for more than 60 air, sea and ground systems, and weapon system components.
- Responsible for leading the end to end business development function account management, pipeline development, capture, and proposal
- Responsible for creating and leading customer engagements, mission analyses, and new business initiatives to include analyzing customer needs, developing and executing customer shaping activities, evaluating targeted IR&D efforts to address integrated sustainment, modernization and deployment capabilities, and creating strategies for services within the defense market.
- Support the strategic planning process, with specific focus on achieving the strategy through new business growth.
- Drive and support customer black hats, competitor black hats, and gate reviews on pending opportunities;
- Accountable for internal discretionary budgets aimed at creating and shaping significant new business opportunities
- Coordinate and balance business development activities for strategic, competitive, and follow-on opportunities to achieve overall financial plan
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 15 years in the logistics and modernization services industry.
A minimum of 5 years of experience in Business Development in a services environment.
Knowledge of defense services market
Background in government acquisitions and requirements process
Proven ability to brief senior government and industry leaders
Experience managing a large budget/team
Strong senior level government contacts
Active Top Secret Clearance with SCI access
Knowledge of international business growth in Australian and European markets
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top