Director Affordability 1
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Global Supply Chain Affordability Director 1 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in the Global Operations organization. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA and will be spending a lot of time between Palmdale, CA and other locations.
- The director will be responsible and accountable to drive unit cost affordability throughout the Supply Chain, Goods Movement, Logistics organization in line with Sector and program financial commitments
- Familiarity with all phases of the supply chain cost reduction opportunities including designing out cost drivers and productivity issues for the long-term
- L ead the creation and execution of business strategies around the supply base and within the program and sector overarching strategy to ensure optimum outcomes in line with Sector & program cost targets
- Understand all proposals, suppliers capability and affordability roadmaps and create a strategic supplier strategies leveraging all suppliers and programs requirements
- Report to the Vice President of GSC and be expected to collaborate and partner with the GSC organization & the programs to enable them to drive their product elements to meet cost targets and achieve program success
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8 years experience in a combination of at least one, or more, of the following: Global Supply Chain, Business Management, Manufacturing, Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering; 6 years of experience with a Master's degree
- 5 years of prior leadership or management experience
- Understanding of 2PL, 3PL and 4PL strategies (party logistics)
- Prior Supply Chain affordability experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in a STEM field
- DOD Top Secret Clearance
- Current Special Program Access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top