Director 1, Business Development - Civil & Commercial Satellites (Dulles, VA)
- Dulles, VA
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Group is seeking a Director to lead business development for a portfolio of programs in the Human Exploration and Operations business area. The ideal candidate will provide direction on the sustainment and organic growth of existing business development targets/programs as well as developing and leading the future business capture strategy in civil human spaceflight and adjacent markets.
Responsibilities may include:
- The selected candidate will be responsible for translating Customer needs into specific requirements, identifying/tailoring company services and solutions into offerings, and managing captures to effectively market the operating unit's products and capabilities to meet those needs.
- The successful, self-motivated candidate must be execution-oriented in his/her approach toward business development, and must be capable of broad, strategic thinking with respect to emerging Customer needs, competitive positioning, requisite capabilities, and the tactical moves necessary to enable the company to capture opportunity in the market.
- Will be responsible for oversight on all aspects of business development activities for Northrop Grumman civil space, including developing and executing growth strategies, identifying new business opportunities, establishing pursuit priorities, gaining and growing Customer intimacy, and developing successful capture plans.
- Leading pursuit and capture efforts and assisting Proposal Managers with the development of proposals to respond to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for procurements across civil space programs.
- Bachelor's degree and 15+ years of general experience or Master's degree and 13 years of experience.
- 10+ years of experience with civil human spaceflight programs, including experience leading capture efforts for large human spaceflight procurements.
- Thorough knowledge of government procurement and business development processes: identification, qualification, capture and bid activities
- Experience with market assessments, analysis of competitors and potential partners, and strategy development.
- Experience in business marketing/coordination and submission of winning proposals, issue identification, risk mitigation, and ensuring post-win Customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated outstanding written and oral communications skills and ability to use all modern IT tools for Customer relationship management, briefing/white paper preparation and delivery, proposal development, and developing/delivering executive-level briefings.
- Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal skills, to ensure Customer, community relationship, and trust building.
- Experience with human spaceflight systems to include design, manufacturing, hardware, mission operations and integration.
- Master's degree in a relevant technical discipline; Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree preferred highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Northrop Grumman internal processes, procedures, and organization.
- Experience with Northrop Grumman business development execution.
- Experience with NASA Human Exploration and Operations business development.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top